Saturday 8 June 2019

POLDHU COVE, CORNWALL.



Poldhu Cove is a sandy sheltered beach on the west coast of the Lizard, Cornwall, England. A favourite amongst locals and visitors, surfers and wildlife watchers. The beach offers a surf school and café as well as dunes and reedbeds rich in wildlife. The cove features in the pages of the history books as being the site of some of Marconi`s ground breaking experiments, a monument and a museum are dedicated to his work at Poldhu Point.


 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can see why this is a favorite spot for folks. Now you have educated me. I never thought of surfing over there. I always thought the water would be too danged cold. But, I guess if your'e in a full wet suit, it would be tolerable. This is quite a nice place and beautiful scenery. That is cool that Marconi did some of his work there. THAT is history for sure.

    ReplyDelete