Sunday 11 February 2018

RUDDINGTON TRAIN YARD.


The great central railway ( Nottingham ) ( formerly known as Nottingham Transport Heritage Centre ) is a heritage railway and transport museum on the south side of the village of Ruddington  in Nottinghamshire UK. Here are the photographs I took while wandering around this large site. I have not given any details relating to the locomotives as I just wanted to show what there is in this large train yard.

 
Eurostar.
 
 
 
LMS 8274 steaming up.
 
 
 
LMS 8274 Jubilee Class.
 
 
 
Ruston Shunter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
15097 Ubique.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Marblaegis.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Corby.
 
 
 
08784 Shunter undergoing restoration.
 
 
 
Buffet Car.
 
 
 
Class 37 Diesel - Electric.
 
 
 
Old lighting restored and being used.
 
 
 
Rusting old railway crane.
 
 
 
Rusting away while waiting for restoration.
 
 
 
LMS 8274 Jubilee Class, my travelling companions and I took a ride on this train while we where there.
 
~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~
 
There was a few miniature trains on the go while we was there here is just a few I could get near enough to take photographs. 
 
 
 
Duchess of Gloucester.
 
 
 
Princess Marie Louise.
 
 
 
Duchess of Atholl.
 
 
~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You know I love trains. Especially steam locomotives. Interestingly I have heard of the Eurostar. Even though I am a fan of steam locomotives, I do like the diesels. They to me represent vast amount of power, which to do the jobs they do they certainly have to have that power. Those miniatures are cool. Used to take my son for rides on one in Fort Worth when he was a little kid. The ride is still going, too. The Ubique is quite different looking. These are all great and I bet it was fun to wander around there. Good photos and subjects. You know I love trains!

    ReplyDelete