Sunday 31 May 2015

RED ARROWS DISPLAY TEAM.

Officially known as the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team. They are based at RAF Scampton, Lincolnshire, England. The Red Arrows trademark formation is the Diamond Nine Formation. They initially flew Folland Gnat Trainers. In late 1979 they switched to the BAE Hawk Trainer aircraft. There are nine pilots and 91 support members. I took these photographs at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire in 2007 and they are the first photographs I have taken of aircraft in flight.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool! I like watching pilots do things like aerial acrobatics and such. Personally though, I don't think I would want to be in the plane with them. I don't think my luck is that good. I like the nice bright red they have painted the planes. Cool stuff! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete