Sunday 9 March 2014

BEMPTON CLIFFS.

Bempton Cliffs is a nature reserve run by the RSPB (royal society for the protection of birds ) at Bempton in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The cliffs run for about six miles between Flamborough and Filey. It is well known for it`s breeding seabirds including the Northern Gannet, Atlantic Puffin, Razorbills, Common Guillemot's, Black-legged Kittiwakes and Fulmers. These hard chalk cliffs rise out of the sea 330 feet high, also these cliffs are relatively resistant to erosion and offer sheltered headlands and crevices for the nesting birds. On the top of the cliffs are good walkways and observation points, where I took my photo`s. There is plenty of parking spaces, Tea Room, Shop and Toilets on this site ( see site map ). If you are a bird watcher or just like taking photo`s this is a place not to be missed.








Site Map.


~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~







1 comment:

  1. Howdy! That is a great looking place! I don't know a lot about birds, but they are fun to watch. I feed the wild birds around here all the time. Have several feeders around so they will eat the bugs for me. I prefer to feed the birds so they will eat them than have to use some kind of pesticide. And, it keeps a lot of bugs out of my garden as well. Great photos. But, wow on those cliffs being that high! Don't think I would want to accidentally fall off of them.

    ReplyDelete