Tuesday 12 June 2018

VIEWS FROM UPPERTHONG.



I took these photographs from the grounds of St John`s church in Upperthong near the town of Holmefirth in the Holme Valley, approximately seven miles south of Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England. In St John`s cemetery lies the two actors who played in the comedy `Last of the summer wine`, Bill Owen who played Compo Simmonite and Peter Sallis who played Norman Clegg `Cleggy`


 
 
 
My two travelling companions taking a rest and admiring the Pennines in the distance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say this is some really nice scenery, If you gotta lay 6' under in a box, that is the kinda place I would want it to be. Beautiful countryside. Great photos you took here, my friend! Really beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete