Sunday 8 November 2015

WHITBY --- part two.

 
Second instalment of my photographic tour of Whitby.
 
 
 
 
 
The ruins of Whitby Abbey.
~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Whitby`s swingbridge over the river Esk.
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Whitby`s cemetery.
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Whitby`s 199 steps, leading from the old part of the town up to the Abbey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Bandstand.
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Old lifeboat gives tourist`s a pleasure cruise out to sea.
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Steam bus gives people a tour of Whitby.
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
St Mary`s church.
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Old Spiritual shop.
~~~~~~~~
 
 
Old defence gun.
~~~~~~~~
 
 
Lobster Pots.
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Whitby`s Lifeboat.
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Spiritualist and Clairvoyant.
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
The Bark Endeavour is a replica of the Endeavour, it is used to give pleasure trips out to sea.
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Fishing Boat.
~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed the Photographic tour....Thank you.
 
~~~~<<<<>>>>~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. You covered quite a bit of ground here, my friend! Wow! The ruins of the Abbey are something else. One can just imagine the way it looked when it was still functional. Swing bridges are cool ideas. Lots of waterfront stuff going on. I think I wouldn't mind a little excursion on the Endeavour. I would also like a ride on that steam bus. We don't have any of those still in operation that I know of. Too bad. Looking at those headstones would sure give you a look at the history of that town. Nice subject matter, my friend and first rate photos! What's next???

    ReplyDelete