Saturday 29 December 2012

HOLMFIRTH-- (LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE ).

Holmfirth in West Yorkshire which sits in the Holme Valley will always be a popular tourist area due to it being where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed.  I think everybody must remember the three characters  compo, foggy and cleggy.


This is where filming took place for Compo`s house (where the sign is) it is now the last of the summer wine exhibition entrance. Up the steps is Nora Batties house, this is now the wrinkled stocking cafe.


This picture shows just a small area of the exhibition, you will have to go there yourself `s to see more and it is a real treat for fans of the programme.


This is the outside location for Sid`s Cafe, the interior was filmed in the studio. The cafe is in the middle of Holmfirth. I can still picture the three characters coming down those steps on the left.


Sadly this is the resting place of Bill Owen who played Compo, quite a number of the cast are sadly no longer with us. His grave is in Upperthong.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know about this site. I am in awe of some of your pictures. I missed my tour of your area, and am glad that I am once more in the tour group, with you as my tour guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! https://wevino.store/

    ReplyDelete